Tool Body and Insert Selection for Advent Tool Replaceable Inserts Thread Mill
- Select the thread form your desire to thread mill. (1.5″ – 12UN internally)
2. Choose the tool body that will cut the thread form which you need.
- Check the diameter of the tool with inserts.It depends on the thread form on the insert.
- The “Standard” cutter diameter is available when the insert is 10UN – 32UN, and M1.0 – M2.75.
- The cutter diameters of “Oversize” is pitches 4UN – 9UN, and all NPT, and BSPT forms measured in large end.
- Cutter diameters for specialized forms likeACME and Stub ACME should be checked with Advent Tool’s technical department. (12UN is normal diameter form. Cutter diameter is calloy”)
- Comparingproper diameter of the tool with a minor diameter of the thread, or drill size. The cutter diameter cannot exceed the minor diameter of the thread, or drill size. (calloy” – 12UN minor diameter = 1.41″)
5. Finding insert style that fits body chosen.
6. Order insert by applying form to insert styles. (insert# calloy)